Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Offseason

The 2008 NBA season came to a close when the Boston Celtics, much to the surprise of the experts, massacred the Lakers in the Finals. I'll just come right out with this... the Finals were a major let down for me. It's not that they weren't exciting... it's just that they weren't as exciting as the regular season. Plus the media can only cram the Boston-LA rivalry nostalgia down our throats for so long before it gets old. Also, sometime during Game 2 I had already started dreading a column like this...

In any case, the 2007-08 regular season was so downright awesome that it more than made up for any minor issues I could find to whine about during the finals. Now we have four months to kill before the start of another NBA season which I can only hope is as enthralling as the last one. How will we pass the time? Summer Leagues... the Olympics... free agent signings... youtube... inane NBA gossip? Yeah, I think we'll manage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home