Monday, July 28, 2008

WNBA Plays of the Week

Today we provide you with a viewing guide for the WNBA's Top 10 Plays of the Week.

10. Tan White - White tosses up a prayer and it drops. I'd be almost impressed if I wasn't convinced the shot was entirely luck.
9. Delisha Milton-Jones to Candace Parker - Nifty little play with a strong finish by Parker (far and away the best finisher in the WNBA). Milton-Jones, of course, is famous for being the first WNBA player to punch an opposing coach in the back of the head.
8. KB Sharp - nice play... I guess.
7. Becky Hammon - Finally a decent play I can appreciate. Hammon slices to the hoop with a nice jumpshot and puts up a creative and skilled finish. Am I biased because she is the cutest player in the W? Probably.
6. Monique Currie - Nice backdoor cut, nice dish, nice reverse finish. Another good play.
5. Alexis Hornbuckle - Nice steal and a stylish bounce pass feed for a layup. I can't even find something to complain about here.
4. Hammon, again. - Solid move to the hoop and solid finish. Did I mention she's hot?
3. Lindsay Whalen - Nice layup. How is this any better than the last four plays?
2. Crystal Smith - Typical WNBA "play of the week". Smith loses the ball not once but twice and then heaves up a prayer to beat the 3rd quarter buzzer. I guarantee you there were better plays that happened in this actual game let alone during the entirety of the week.
1. Diana Taurasi - I mean, I guess it's a decent play to beat the halftime buzzer but what was impressive about it? It was kind of long? Taurasi isn't even impressed with the play. I am not impressed.

So there you have it. Apparently the people in the WNBA video department are wowed by lucky heaves and quarter buzzer beaters. Isn't this league all about inspiring young women to play the game at a higher level? Excuse me while I go explain to my 13 year old sister how she shouldn't be practicing half court prayers and no look layups.


Random dunk mix - starring Deion Sanders and others. The highlight of the mix comes at around the 36 second mark when Mike Conley Sr. (Mike Conley's father, triple jump Olympic gold medalist, and 3-time celebrity slam dunk contest winner) throws down a monster 2-hander from the free throw line.

Rick Mahorn - a rare clip of him not punching someone or getting punched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home