Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Plays of the Day - 11/11

Tuesday's Top 10 Plays of the Day

I'm blogging as I watch them for the first time so this is technically time-delayed live blogging.

#10 - Gerald Wallace with the steal and the dunk. Can't say I'm particularly thrilled by this one.

#9 - Ronny Turiaf flies to the hoop and finishes with the big slam. I'm almost fired up.

#8 - LeBron with a dunk... the announcer asks "where LeBron James take off from?". I think it was close to the foul line but who can tell since there was no decent angle of it and no replay.

#7 - Nice passing by the Mavs. My excitement level is wavering between "lukewarm" and "this Top 10 better get more exciting fast".

#6 - Renaldo "Thank God I Got Traded So People Don't Think I'm Rolando Blackman Anymore" Balkman with the steal and the facial. I'm excited.

#5 - Gerald Wallace with the block. Whoop-de-doo.

#4 - Mo Williams with the nice spin to get in the and finish with the floater. Would have been nice to see a replay but apparently we are working in WNBA-one-camera-in-the-arena mode.

#3 - Anthony Randolph with a beautiful block and an actual slow motion replay. Impressive block, less-than-impressive Top 10 that this makes #3.

#2 - Nice pass from Thabo Sefalosha to Luol Deng. Deng is on my fantasy team. If I ever get around to setting my lineup I'm sure he will give me mediocre production. I hate myself for even mentioning fantasy basketball.

#1 - Gerald Green with the big slam. Green has been playing well (or at least making some exciting plays since 17 points on 6-15 shooting with zero assists and 5 turnovers against the Lakers in his last game is hardly impressive.)

That's the best they got out of 8 games? I mean, it's good unless you are a fan of instant replay, nice assists, or exciting plays (which I am). Was the assist of the night really less exciting than those run-of-the-mill breakaway jams?

Man my thirst for NBA action has not been quenched. We'll have to resort to some old favorites for our daily fix.

Shawn Kemp... and a lot more Shawn Kemp

And because grainy assists are better than crystal clear blocked shots any day of the week... I offer you this

1 Comments:

Blogger mbbiz21 said...

Terrible top 10. Unacceptable. Lazy. I missed No. 5 because I blinked.

Shawn Kemp ruled. Go to 4:19 of this clip to see why he ruled.

November 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home