Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Plays of the Day - 11/19

Plays of the Day from 11/19

10 - D-Wade to the Matrix for the alley-oop slam. It's great to see that Miami decided not to field a D-League team again this year.

9 - Dribble hand-off off a solid on-ball screen by Greg "Don't Call Me Sam Bowie" Oden who then rolls and gets the beautiful feed in stride and finishes strong.

8 - Was this a "highlight" or a chance to recognize Chauncey Billups for improving the Nuggets? Isn't that what MVP ranking columns are for? Also, I'm just going to assume that camera angle is all the rage with the kids these days and stop complaining.

7 - Caron Butler to JaVale McGee for the oop. I think parents of possible future sports stars should refrain from random mid-name capitalization as it would save editors everywhere a lot of grief.

6 - Nice reverse dunk by Bosh. The Raptors are the most overrated team in the League and Jose Calderon is all hype. I don' think anyone from this team will make the All-Star team. Yes, I'm hoping that by making outrageous claims I will get more Canadian page views.

5 - LeBron blocks Devin Harris at the rim. Saw this one live and it brought me out of my seat. (note: This wasn't even the best block of the game but I'm guessing they won't show the play where LeBron got swatted.) I absolutely respect Harris trying cram on LeBron.

4 - Gerald Wallace swats Shawne Williams at the rim. I temporarily suspend my "blocks are boring" rule on this play only... sick timing and an incredible block. Freaks, Wallace is a freak in a league filled with freaks. (Yes, I was channeling my inner Rick Kamla on that last sentence.)

3 - Sweet move by LeBron. Number 3? I don't know but it was nice.

2 - Now I'm officially excited. Awesome pass by Tyrus Thomas to Ben Gordon on the break.

1 - Can't complain about this one. Kobe goes behind the back unnecessarily (which I don't mind since it looked pretty) and then he waits a second for Luol Deng to get out of position and the Mamba delivers a beautiful no-look pass to Pau Gasol for the dunk. This was definitely worthy of the top spot.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mbbiz21 said...

Blocks are not boring if they are done by Manute Bol.

November 19, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home