Monday, November 24, 2008

Plays of the Week 11/24/2008

Plays of the Week

Ok, enough messing around with daily top 10s... we are going straight for the good stuff. I present to you the plays of the week - live blogged (i.e. I blog'em as I watch'em for the first time).

10 - D-wade soars baseline for the monster one-hander. Not a bad start.

9 - Nice little double cross by Nate Robinson which he finishes with the floater. The announcers declares that this reminds him of everyone's favorite homophobe (who now "gets" gay people) Timmy Hardaway and his UTEP two-step but I don't know. It actually reminds me of a combination of Iverson vs. Daniels (with the double cross) and Jason Williams vs. Gary Paton with the split leg floater finish. But maybe I just watch too much youtube... Great play though, I'm glad it made the Top 10.

8 - Kenyon Martin blocks Kevin Love. This play was obviously only chosen so the announcer could make a "Kenyon showing no love to Love" joke. Other than that I'm still trying to figure out why it was included.

7 - Wow, sick play. Two nice passes including what looks like a switch-hands-wrap-around from LeBron. Who could tell though since apparently the powers-that-be didn't feel the need to show a replay.

6 - Huge dunk from Durant. Certainly not better than either #9 or #7 but I guess you need some dunks in there for the kids.

5 - Nice little combination of blocks from the Warriors. I guess if you are going to include blocks it might as well be a double block.

4 - Good example of what happens when you don't communicate on defense... and when you are playing against someone with the hops of Gerald Wallace. Not sure if having this play at #4 is a good sign. That said, still no buzzer beaters so that's a good thing.

3 - Kobe is obviously practicing his behind-the-back moves this year and we are all better off for it. Granted the first one had no strategic value whatsoever but I still love this play.

2 - Monster jam from LeBron. Normally I'd get on him for throwing in the meaningless fake-behind-the-back move but you can see how it freezes Solomon Jones for just long enough to give LeBron a free lane to the hoop. Actually it would have been better if LeBron hadn't thrown that in because Solomon Jones would have been the newest person to share a poster with LeBron.

1 - Vince Carter ends the game against Toronto with a reverse-alley-oop jam. This game (which I saw from the 0:02 mark of regulation on... I know, I'm a bad Nets fan) was incredible. VC hit a VC3 to tied it at the end of regulation and then the Nets staved off two threes by Toronto in the last 5 seconds to get the win. Vince Carter is not the most popular guy North of the Border these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home