Friday, December 19, 2008

The Kid is Back

Yeah, that's right... I'm back in the game. I must confess that up until about a week ago my NBA viewing was relegated to the Knicks, Nets, and whichever teams were playing on TNT/ESPN. Pathetic... I know. But that all changed when I finally re-upped on League Pass and dove headfirst into the League. Without further ado, notes from around the league...

Saw Adam Morrison throw a nice assist against the Hawks so I've upgraded him from "The Worst Player Not Named Jason Collins" to "Might Be Able to Contribute on a Euro Team Someday". Speaking of the Bobcats, DJ Augustin has serious game which is good because Raymond Felton wasn't cutting it at the point for Charlotte. During the Hawks game he air-balled a floater short from about 8 feet which the announcer mercilessly described as a pass. And speaking of announcers....

I can't decide how I feel about the biased announcer. I can see the benefits to having a pro-home team announcer in the booth for the local TV station but it seems like very few guys can pull that off without coming off as either biased or stupid. Maybe I'm spoiled from years of Marv Albert being the consummate professional but why can't more guys be like him? He calls it like it is and he gets excited for nice plays... regardless of which team makes them. (Let this be a lesson to us all... sexual deviancy and professional competence often go hand-in-hand.) It just annoys me when announcers clearly favor one team over another to the detriment of my viewing experience. Swirsky, Mike&Mike up in Portland, Tommy Heinsohn... you can have them all. Call me overcritical but I'm just a fan of objectivity.

Crossover of the Day - Derrick Rose drops Andre Miller... straight nasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home