Monday, December 29, 2008

Around the L

NBA TV
I don't get it. I live in New York City. Are you serious? So I miss all the good games and 24 hours of LeBron? RCN is the worst.

LeBron
I don't get LeBron's commercials. The one where his boy's car gets broken into? Weird. Even the one where he throws the chalk in the air... as cool as it is, isn't that annoying to everyone in a 10-foot radius?

Hotlanta
On ESPN's NBA Fastbreak, Mash calls out Atlanta for being a tough place to play, not so much because of the crowd but because of the nightlife. Atlanta is all strip clubs. Wonder if any Celtics were out at the clubs last year when they were up 2-0?

The IZOD Center
The Nets are 6-12 at home and 10-6 on the road. I knew the IZOD center was bad but I didn't realize how much it could affect the team. Don't get me wrong, I go to a decent amount of Nets games and I have an absolute blast. That said, the Nets game experience leaves much to be desired. Driving into and out of the Meadowlands is absurdly complicated and public transportation to the arena amounts to one bus from NYC Port Authority. The arena experience wouldn't be half bad except for the occasionally awkward contest segment and the scoreboards at opposite ends of the arena.*** Finally, for whatever reason, the Nets fans obviously care more about beating the traffic than watching the Nets possibly come back. I've seen fans stream out of the arena with the Nets down 1 and the other team on the line. So I don't know exactly what it is but maybe all this combines into an atmosphere so demoralizing that it severely affects the team.


***These scoreboards display the numbers of the players in the game at the time as well as the number of fouls and points each player had. It roughly looks like this.




























Player # Fouls Points| Fouls Points Player #
15 1 21| 0 12 33
34 0 11| 2 15 23


They could have done it symmetrically or they could have done it the same way across. Basically, they decided to go with the only way that doesn't make sense. I don't get it and it bothers me way too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home