Thursday, January 8, 2009

The worst starter in the League?

Yes Candace Parker is pregnant. I still think she's going to come back as the best player in the League. I almost hope she loses a few inches off her vertical though so people will be forced to actually watch her dominate all facets of the game rather than just gushing over her dunks.

In other news, I proposed Joel Anthony as the worst starter in the NBA and my boy, NBA aficionado Drew, had this to say about it. It's unedited so some of it might be a bit PG-13 but the enthusiasm is commendable. So without further ado...

"Joel Anthony defintely deserves to be on that list and I'm assuming Oberto was injured but I'd still take the corpse of Oberto over Matt Bonner now the question here is do injuries factor into whether said shitty player is starting or does it have to be the only or best option on the team and that guy has to start on a regular basis. A quick scan of the league's starting fives gave me such gems as Mikki Moore for the Kings, Robert Swift for the Thunder, Andray Blatche for the Wiz (but Haywood's injured) and a couple of others but none of them will ever touch the lucky gutter rat that was Jason Collins. My pick over Q would have to be Greg Oden (that's another thing, do rookies that will eventually be good count there), I watch a lot of Blazers games online and he's just an absolute waste of space out there 90 percent of the time, doesn't box out on defense or for that matter even know what the hell's he doing and is even worse on offense especially since the rest of the team suffers so he can get his touches while LaMarcus Aldridge sits there questioning his self-worth as well as a society that sucks Oden off for the 10 percent of the time he doesn't suck ass while he's awesome and only at the cusp of his greatness. But I digress, eventually he fouls out after being schooled for awhile and the Blazers go back to playing with 5 guys. I realize he's gonna be good soon enough hopefully or a huge bust, but there's no need to start him, I think ESPN ceos and David Stern have dirt on McMillan, forcing him to start so they can over-cover his 2 pts. 3 blks. when rookie Rudy Fernandez has scored 25 pts to win the game (sigh, shutter)."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home